IoT Security Foundation 2021 Virtual Conference | 3rd & 4th November, 2021
Headline sponsors Secure Thingz and IAR Systems are offering free tickets to the conference to SF IoT meetup members. The following link will take you to the Registration page and apply a discount code, which when you click on the green ‘Tickets’ button will reveal/unlock a free IoTSF Complimentary Ticket:
Please RSVP on this meetup event to express interest, and if attending, register at the conference event page via the link above.
Why attend this virtual event?
· Learn about the potential risks and vulnerabilities associated with IoT systems and connected devices
· Gain an understanding of IoT security best practice for the design of products and services
· Understand what to specify and look for when procuring IoT products and services
· Learn about the current and future state of standards, regulation and assurance
· Gain from the lessons learned in real life experiences/war stories
· Hear from leading experts and companies offering security products, solutions and services
More about the event below:
*Please note, as noted on the website, the times of the agenda are in the UTC timezone (UK time, not Pacific Time).
· Paul Waller – UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) – IoT Security – what can government do?
· Kat Megas, Cybersecurity for IoT, Program Manager, – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – The road to IoT security: updates on the NIST IoT Cybersecurity program
· Julie Chua, Director, Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Division, HHS Risk Management, Office of Information Security – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – From Business Risk to Patient Safety: A Discussion on Cybersecurity in Healthcare
· Erik Decker, Chief Information Security Officer & Director, Data Center & Cloud Services, Intermountain Health
· Kevin Fu, Acting Director, Medical Device Cybersecurity, Program Director for Cybersecurity, Digital Health Center of Excellence – U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – U.S. FDA 101: Introduction to Medical Device Security
· Stephen Pattison, Chairman of IoT Security Foundation and VP Public Affairs, Arm – The Best is Still to Come
EXPERT SPEAKERS & TALKS:
· Luis Miguel VEGA FIDALGO, Policy Officer – European Commission – The European Union cybersecurity legislation for IoT
· Elizabeth Wharton, VP, Operations, SCYTHE – Cybersecurity Executive Order Decoder Ring for Healthcare’s Critical Systems
· Ken Munro, Partner – Pen Test Partners – API fails: The one ring to rule all IoT
· Cédric Lévy-Bencheton, CEO – Cetome – How to get ready for a world of IoT cyber security regulations?
· Saif Abed, Founding Partner & Director of Cybersecurity Advisory Services – AbedGraham Group – Making Medical IoT Security Matter at the Executive Level
· Julie Haney, Usable Cybersecurity Program Lead and Susanne Furman, Cognitive Scientist – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – User Perceptions of and Preferences for Smart Home Device Updates
· Philip Lane, Technical Officer, Comité International Radio-Maritime (CIRM) – Cyber Risk management in the maritime domain – the role of the CIRM Cyber Risk Code of Practice
· Jan Geertsma, Director Corporate Product Security, IOT and Cloud, Signify – Communicating securely in your own home
· Kevin Song, Head of Cyber Security Compliance，Xiaomi – IoTSF Framework Step by Step Implement in Xiaomi
· Deral Heiland, Principal Security Research (IoT) – Rapid7 – Tomb Raiders – How malicious actors can pilfer critical data from the graves of our decommissioned IoT technology
· Nick Allott, CEO, nquiringminds – How do we practically collaborate to address IoT security issues?
And many more- please see event page for further detail.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021